Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm needing a new valve stem for my bike. I need to know how big the hole is for a replacement valve for a 1982 Honda CM 450C front tire? I think it's 8mm but I'm not sure.

I would measure it myself, but I am awaiting the delivery of an air compressor and bike jack to get the bike off the ground, to get the stem out. And with the valve being in the stem now. I cannot measure it.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Any local auto/hardware store should have stems, just wait until you pull things apart and go buy what you need. I don't happen to recall the size of the stem needed for the comstars on my CX but that's what I did.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
These should be standard car size, 11.3mm (0.453") rim hole. 8mm =.314" I think you see those on European bikes.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I ordered 2 just now. 11.3 mm 90' angled.
Peace!
You can always measure the protruding valve stem with calipers... excuses to buy tools don't come along every day.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Call me crazy if you will... But While I am waiting for a day off, I used Gorilla glue to seal the valve stem. Until I have time to change it. It's held air now for around 48 hours!
I don't believe in my ability to jinx myself so I say. So far so good.
I purposely hit some big potholes to test it out. Of course I'm only riding it when needed. But I loose too much weight riding my bicycle!
No joy riding for now.??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts