Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's fantastic that they have every Fiche but shipping from the UK is just about the same price as my order. Am I better off getting the part numbers together and checking with a local dealer or sourcing from here and there? Honestly don't feel like I need to pay that much for some gaskets and o-rings.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
It's fantastic that they have every Fiche but shipping from the UK is just about the same price as my order. Am I better off getting the part numbers together and checking with a local dealer or sourcing from here and there? Honestly don't feel like I need to pay that much for some gaskets and o-rings.
I have bought some stuff from them but their shipping is the reason I don't do it often. I bought a cam follower for a 450 early this year and it weighs maybe a few ounces. the part was $99 and the shipping was $25... that did it for me. Get gaskets from someone over here (if you're in the US) like 4into1.com or others, only buy from them if they are the last ones to have it. Check with David Silver Spares for a lot of NOS Honda stock too, they have a US warehouse

·
Registered
581 Posts
I ordered from them once. The shipping was indeed very expensive, took a month, and then I got hit with a pile of duties to pay when the parts arrived. They do have a lot of parts that others don't, but the ancillary costs are a bit high for me. Their fiches are great, though.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I use them all the time; but even here in the U.K. the shipping is about £14.00 per order. CMSNL are based in the Netherlands not the U.K. as the USA and other non EU Countries aren't liable for VAT you would be able to get goods 20% cheaper than we could! It also works the other way too, the item may be a few dollars; but the shipping and duty payable makes many parts unnafordable!
Nigel

Reactions: mixwell_cb350

·
Registered
26 Posts
Needed a Spoke for a Transalp 700 so I could have Buchanan Spoke duplicate it for me. I checked with CMSNL and they had it for about $10, but the shipping was $52!!! I figured it was just a preset computer shipping program so I emailed them and and asked what was the real shipping cost and they said if that's what the computer said then it must be right. I when to USPS.com and figured out that it would cost me about $14 to sent a spoke to them. I didn't buy the spoke.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA Skyliner, I wonder sometimes when scouring the interwebs for parts and such how much padded cost gets put into shipping from some places. Crazy, but if you need the part, you need the part I suppose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use them all the time; but even here in the U.K. the shipping is about £14.00 per order. CMSNL are based in the Netherlands not the U.K. as the USA and other non EU Countries aren't liable for VAT you would be able to get goods 20% cheaper than we could! It also works the other way too, the item may be a few dollars; but the shipping and duty payable makes many parts unnafordable!
Nigel
Thanks Nigel! I meant EU not UK. God save the Queen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I use them now and then, and since I'm living in the Netherlands, no more then 20 miles away from their warehouse, I still have to pay steep prices for shipping. I called them and asked if I could pick it up, even that wasn't possible either. The other way around is getting more expensive too, buying something from the US is very expensive, due to shipping and duty's. I remember a time, not so long ago, that everything bought in the US was literally shipped (by boat). It was slow (could take up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer), but was cheap and reliable. Now everything has to be shipped by plane, an expensive way of shipping, and has some environmental consequences too. I remember buying CB77 / CB450 / CB500T cranks from the US, shipping was 25 USD each, nowadays, shipping set's you back at least 120 USD.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
For the US you can try and use PartsFish.com. They have a bunch of good parts. Look up the part by the CMSNL parts number (#####-###-###) and it will find it if they have it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Sometimes they just have what you need and you just bite the bullet and place the order.

Reactions: Bill H

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Products and range are good, but shipping is a complete rip off especially as they do/did not seem to want to combine purchases. That might have changes as I have not bought anything from them for about 3 years, however sending a very light item was clearly disproportionately expensive! Where possible I use Silvers, or other UK based sellers.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Never bought a single item from them for the reasons given.

Ever wondered what David Silvers 'available Special Order means? I deduced that it usually means he gets them from CMSNL, so it may be a cheaper route to see if DS has them 'Special Order' and even though he adds a percentage it still works out cheaper after shipping etc is taken into account than buying directly from CMSNL. Personally I have always found DS's returns policy to be really good but members on some other forums I am on don't seem to agree with me.

I am with Jensen's comments ...shipping from US by surface used to be affordable...now costs a fortune by air.... plus our customs and our 'handler' (Parcelforce) ripoff fees here in the UK, add to the pain. I now tend to buy a lot from Japan ... for example I just got a pair of chrome fork ribs, standard piston and rings and a points plate for a CB450K0 Bomber much cheaper, even after shipping, than anywhere else I could find worldwide ... and all the parts were NOS in pristine condition.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts