Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a CB 175 and wanting to put bigger Pistons in it. I was thinking the 175 and 200 are the same cylinders just bored over 3.5 mm. Any one know if this is right.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Theyre larger diameter and taller, they wont fit without boreing the cases and using cb200 studs, and if you do that you cant use cb200 pistons as the con rods are shorter on the cb175 and the wrist pins are different diameter. If you swap the crank to fix this issue youll find the cam/ crank sprokets have different teeth count so youll need a 200cam, and the primary gears are different if you fix the gear difference by using a cb200 clutch basket youll need to change how the clutch activates since its on tge left on the cb175 and on the right on a cb200

Short answer is not so easy, but ive done it, if you click the link in my signiture you can read how to

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for your input

Theyre larger diameter and taller, they wont fit without boreing the cases and using cb200 studs, and if you do that you cant use cb200 pistons as the con rods are shorter on the cb175 and the wrist pins are different diameter. If you swap the crank to fix this issue youll find the cam/ crank sprokets have different teeth count so youll need a 200cam, and the primary gears are different if you fix the gear difference by using a cb200 clutch basket youll need to change how the clutch activates since its on tge left on the cb175 and on the right on a cb200

Short answer is not so easy, but ive done it, if you click the link in my signiture you can read how to
Thanks for your input I'll look at your link but that sound complicated I may just put 1 mm over pistons in it. What is the most that you should bore the 175 engine.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've wondered this same type of thing. I've wondered if you could overbore a cb200 and install cb250 pistons. My concerns would be over whether or not the 250 pistons would collide with the valves and spark plug tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts