Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, this is a global warning on these crap badges that are circulating the globe.

I have bought two sets, one from the U.K and the other from Japan, which are in total the most expensive parts i have bought for the CB450 Cafe :x
Do not buy any reproduction badges unless you are sure they are either from CMSNL or Honda!
The ones coming from the far east are made using standard polyester casting resin without any plasticisers or UV stabilisers :shock: So they either fracture within the hour, will fracture the first time you ride the bike or once exposed to extended UV light will yellow and fracture :( crap, just crap.

I mounted the second set with double sided super-soft rubber tape and small "O" ring between the badge and the tank! they still cracked, I'm [email protected]#king pissed off :evil: All FOUR badges are stuffed! Total cost $$$$ AND i still don't have any badges :cry:

Cracks developed within an hour

Hard to see but one crack has developed with in two hours

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
That bites....what if ya just glued them? I know the UV sunlight with fcuk em eventually but at least they wont shatter... :?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leethal said:
That bites....what if ya just glued them? I know the UV sunlight with fcuk em eventually but at least they wont shatter... :?
Once they fracture they are rooted! the cracks go all the way through the resin and unlike other materials, continue to travel until total failure.

I do feel better after the rant :mrgreen: The stupid thing is that i could have bought a NOS set awhile back but decided to let them go to someone who restoring a BB :roll: As my bike was not an original BB i only need repros, HA!!

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I meant glue them before you wreck them with the screws....screw the screws :lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
That does suck Rod. Sorry man.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I would be super pissed too!

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
I purchased some sets from the US for $39? a set and they are supberb! I would challange anyone to tell the difference between them and the originals. Fitted and looking great some months later.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rayfromtheuk said:
I purchased some sets from the US for $39? a set and they are supberb! I would challange anyone to tell the difference between them and the originals. Fitted and looking great some months later.
Ray who made these? Do you have a sellers name? There is a huge difference in the quality of the ones for sale. has anyone else had any luck or am I the only one that has been shafted :( twice...

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
How about using a small rubber grommet/washer/o-ring under the head of the screw, and threadlocking the screw at a specified depth? Just barely squishing the rubber...?

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
How about using a small rubber grommet/washer/o-ring under the head of the screw, and threadlocking the screw at a specified depth? Just barely squishing the rubber...?

GB :mrgreen:
Might give that a go on the next set ;) although i don't want to be the recipient of another set of crap badges :oops:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Rayfromtheuk said:
Please let us know how to get these !!!

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
As I buy a lot of BB stuff on EBay I now do not keep the paperwork for each transaction. So I have looked back on my feedback of 773
(Hondablackbomber) and can see I purchased some from rrhbyrne687t on 26/5/2009 and I was so pleased I purchased more on 31/12/2009.
As the feedback is so old I cannot get into the past details but I could pull up the sellers feedback. Where it related to the badges all the feed back I read was excellent.
I did also buy some from huggysspeedshop who is no longer listed as an Ebay seller. I think he was a UK seller at the time? As I purchased 3 lots from him, they too must have been OK.
Also I purchased 6 left hand ones from a guy I have dealt with in the US. He wanted $75 each and at that time they seemed like a bargain.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Rayfromtheuk said:
As I buy a lot of BB stuff on EBay I now do not keep the paperwork for each transaction. So I have looked back on my feedback of 773
(Hondablackbomber) and can see I purchased some from rrhbyrne687t on 26/5/2009 and I was so pleased I purchased more on 31/12/2009.
As the feedback is so old I cannot get into the past details but I could pull up the sellers feedback. Where it related to the badges all the feed back I read was excellent.
I did also buy some from huggysspeedshop who is no longer listed as an Ebay seller. I think he was a UK seller at the time? As I purchased 3 lots from him, they too must have been OK.
Also I purchased 6 left hand ones from a guy I have dealt with in the US. He wanted $75 each and at that time they seemed like a bargain.
Hope that helps.
You purchased three lots !!!!

Do you happen to have a pair of the "Supberb" $39 ones which you would sell me ?

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rayfromtheuk said:
Hope that helps.
The first set was from Huggys speed shop!! I never said they didn't look like the originals, just the manufacturing process/quality is suspect ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
So, do the badges from CMSNL get a thumbs up? Man they are spendy, but they look very nice.

Any one have the badges sold from CMSNL?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts