Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[youtube:3g0uso5e]9pDqwjkx_gc[/youtube:3g0uso5e]

Watch the above video to hear how the bike runs. I asked a few questions, but really i want to know if my valves need adjusting. Just thought i might share this though, Im running a 4.00-18 tire in the rear and a 3.50-18 tire in the front, NOTHING is rubbing. Some people told me it would rub the chain guard and its not. Everything fits good with zero rub.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Only real way to know is check them. No need to take top end apart, just measure the clearances via the four ports. Do you have a manual or know how to check them. You'll need to find a way to remove that rear one you mentioned in the video though. You could spray a bit of penetrant on it and let it sit, it may help loosen it up. Heat too, although, like you said, I believe there is a rubber washer, but you should be ok. You will be heating the section around this cap, not the cap itself. Please remove the tank though before doing this, don't want to go KA-BOOM.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
+1 on what Perry said.
You should definitely check the valve lash, but they don't sound any louder than my valves.

About the bars: The wiring will pull out (with some effort). Lots of people here have replaced the bars and documented it. You can drill the new bars to run the wiring inside, too.
(Here's mine: viewtopic.php?p=40362#p40362) There are a couple of guys showing the process of removal and refitting bars in detail, so you could use that as a guide.

What kind of exhaust are you running there?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a unique 2-1 JR exhaust. I have no idea where it came from. But its a great exhaust. It came with the bike. only downside is that it runs underneith the bike which gives me less ground clearence, and i cant have a center stand or lift the bike from underneith with a jack. because its in teh way. But other than that its all good, and gives plenty of power. Thanks for the quick replies.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just finished adjusting my valves, so I will see how it sounds tommorow at miday when my neighbours aren't around. Thanks for the help once again. You guys are the best! It makes owning a Honda twin just that much better to be part of this community, I had intentions of selling my bike, but now i think im going to keep it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts