Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 71 CB450 a few months ago. Its been sitting in my parents garage as I live in an apartment in SF so I dont have a workshop or anything to be able to work on it, and she needs a little lovin.

The CB I bought was not modded to look different or anything, but a lot of parts were replaced from the previous owner w non oem parts.

Although the one thing I'm not sure about, is mine only has a speedometer. No tach. When I look up CB450s, they all have a speedo and a tach. Mine just has a speedometer in the middle.

I wont be seeing the bike for a little while, so I wont be able to just go see if there is a cable for the tach running up. But I would like to install a tach so itd be nice to know so I can order a cluster.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome - and yes, all CB and CL450s were delivered with both tach and speedo when new. Buying a "cluster" isn't quite what you'll be doing as the gauges were sold separately even when new, and good used ones are becoming more scarce by the day due to age and condition overall. NOS (new old stock) units are out there too, left over from closed dealerships or people who bought one and didn't use it - but they can be very pricey. Look around eBay and you'll likely come up with a few leads but depending on the condition you're looking for, a used gauge will likely need some refurbishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts