Honda Twins banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ronny, if no-one else gets back to you I'll pull one and post measurements over the weekend. Are those the eBay items from the US? If so, then they'll be right as they were patterned from an OEM set provided by LOUD MOUSE (Ed Moore) to the supplier.

Steve

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ah, Tim McDowell's; should be right, then.

I think mine are reworked, as they're in pretty damned good order. Image of my CB77 left side baffle, with dimensions, herewith. I'd say that the post-decimal increments are due to the powdercoat. Mine always come out ok, but need a bit of a twist-n-tug in the process.

Jensen has a Black Bomber, so perhaps he can measure one for you to compare; he's a very accommodating forumer (and a really nice guy, to boot, if a little too serious sometimes!).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
e3steve said:

I think mine are reworked, as they're in pretty damned good order. Image of my CB77 left side baffle, with dimensions, herewith. I'd say that the post-decimal increments are due to the powdercoat. Mine always come out ok, but need a bit of a twist-n-tug in the process.

Jensen has a Black Bomber, so perhaps he can measure one for you to compare; he's a very accommodating forumer (and a really nice guy, to boot, if a little too serious sometimes!).
[attachment=0:3dsb00db]CB77 Left baffle.jpg[/attachment:3dsb00db]
Steve, has your baffle got a hole in the left end (at the 22 mm measurement) or is it closed off?

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Znabb said:
e3steve said:

[attachment=0:3olqisow]CB77 Left baffle.jpg[/attachment:3olqisow]
Steve, has your baffle got a hole in the left end (at the 22 mm measurement) or is it closed off?
No, Ronny; the end is 'blind' (closed).

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
e3steve said:
Znabb said:
e3steve said:

[attachment=0:uncgnjlk]CB77 Left baffle.jpg[/attachment:uncgnjlk]
No, Ronny; the end is 'blind' (closed).
Ok, thanks!

·
Sensei
27,179 Posts
Ronny, You are overthinking/overcomplicating this...LOL.... Put the longer universals in and IF they aren't quite quiet enough, add the washers....Or just use the 305 ones....It will be fine......S.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
66Sprint said:
Ronny, You are overthinking/overcomplicating this...LOL.... Put the longer universals in and IF they aren't quite quiet enough, add the washers....Or just use the 305 ones....It will be fine......S.
Yes, you are right Steve but, as you might have noticed, I enjoy to theoretically explore all options before I come up with a solution. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Znabb said:
66Sprint said:
Yes, you are right Steve but, as you might have noticed, I enjoy to theoretically explore all options before I come up with a solution. :D
Not my comment, Ronny....

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
e3steve said:
Znabb said:
66Sprint said:
Not my comment, Ronny....
66Sprint's name is Steve too :D

·
Sensei
27,179 Posts
Don't worry Steve (e3steve).... Ronny and I were just having some fun....He won't blame you..... Steve (66Sprint)

Oops!..... Perry beat me to the post....LOL.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ah, gottit! Thanks for the explique, guys. Am I allowed to be confused, or does that smack of an admission to impending senility?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts