Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I purchased some Dime City welding slugs in order to weld on a rear hoop. The slugs are smaller on one end and the other larger end will need to be ground to fit in the tubing. The question is what end goes where ? Does the small end go into the existing frame and the to be ground end in the hoop or vice versa ?
Tnx in advance,
JC

·
Registered
395 Posts
They're universal, meant to fit different sized tubes. You'll either use the middle portion, or the big end, depending on what the inside diameter of the tubing is. The smallest diameter portion is too insert into a lathe chuck or drill motor, as the pictures show.

Dimensions: 1" Long, .075" OD x .900 OD (Suitable for .095" Wall DOM Tubing & Most Frame Tubes)SKU: DCC-100SL*The .075" portion fits perfectly inside .095" DOM steel tubing (what we use on all our products) and the other side at .900" fits most frames as-is but can be ground down as shown to fit smaller ID tubing.**Sold as a pair.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're universal, meant to fit different sized tubes. You'll either use the middle portion, or the big end, depending on what the inside diameter of the tubing is. The smallest diameter portion is too insert into a lathe chuck or drill motor, as the pictures show.

Dimensions: 1" Long, .075" OD x .900 OD (Suitable for .095" Wall DOM Tubing & Most Frame Tubes)SKU: DCC-100SL*The .075" portion fits perfectly inside .095" DOM steel tubing (what we use on all our products) and the other side at .900" fits most frames as-is but can be ground down as shown to fit smaller ID tubing.**Sold as a pair.

Much appreciated Nova.???

·
Registered
395 Posts
You may find that you need to cut off the biggest end, or just turn it down a little, to fit. The pictures on DCC show a poor man's lathe, with a vise, drill and grinder. If it's the middle piece you need, completely cut off the fat end, and discard, or keep for another project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts