Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the mistake to look for project bikes on Kijiji. I saw my dream bike for sale with the engine not seized and low kilometers.

I looked for it for 2 years and gave up. They were either too exlensive, high kilometers or a real basket case. Then, started looking again lately and found THE one.

The dilemma is I LOVE my Honda twin 400T Cafe Racer. It's all done up with no issues at all and rides awesome. May even have a buyer for it to make matters worse. I have had great commons from friends and strangers as well. But.... Found a complete KZ 650 for only $400 with 24k on it.

It has the power of a 750, but the weight of a 550. Always wanted a four in-line and it has an awsone sound.

PLEASE, help me decide..... Loosing my glue and sleep over it!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Get it anyway. You can set it aside for now until your budget permits you to do want you want to it. It's an especially good deal if you are talking Canadian dollars.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Yep, it can always wait while you slowly collect a few parts here and there as they can be afforded, then eventually you'll have enough stuff to get started - and still have the 400 to ride along the way.

·
Registered
483 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree with the above...................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pix though.......of the one you have and the one you're going to get, after all the encouragement given.............!!!!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There it is!

I LOVE it, but sometime I wish it would be a 4 in-line. But on the other hand, I see lots of post with new members buying twins, almost 1 or 2 a day, and some having problems with their new acquisition. I had my share and it's running great now. So, maybe I should be happy, ride it and enjoy my build.

But then, I'm hooked and would like to do another one. Dilemma again!

I need to start a community garage....

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Sweet.......

That other one went quick, beings you just posted about it yesterday..........dayyyyyum....that was quick.................!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I knew it! At that price, all there and low Km's. Was no brainer, except for me.

Same thing with a KZ 750 twin last week for $300, 18k and stored indoor. Another bike I would like!

·
Premium Member
5,586 Posts
I sold it to move on to other bikes :D I like buying older bikes to work on and usually end up selling them after a few years just so I can move on to another project. No, I don't regret selling it, even though it was a great bike and miss it occasionally I found I was more drawn to single and twin cylinder bikes. Right now I have a '82 Honda MB5 (part project/part runner), '72 CB350 (project bike), '78 Honda XL250S (project bike), '14 Honda CB500X (going up for sale this weekend) and a '17 Honda Africa Twin (purchased a couple of months ago and will be keeping long term). I also had a CB400T for a bit a few years ago, I really like them and would love to get another.

I know you like cafe's, so here's a before/after of my KZ

KZ650.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts