Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headlight that is stock is 6.5" and about $50. The distance between the mounts is 7". I am looking to get a different bucket that will fit between the mounts and will also have a halogen light setup.

If anyone has experience with the above scenario and the power draw, I would appreciate the info.

The other option is to get a bucket that holds a sealed beam 7" incandescent. I can replace those for about $10-15. The power draw should be about the same as it is now.

Any ideas of what I can use as a replacement?

The headlight that I have works bit took a rock and has a spider crack in it.

By the way, I just picked up my first bike in 30 years. It had some cafe racer parts on it. I am going back to the stock handlebars. It rides nice. Just drips a little oil.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
You could always ditch the stock lamp mount and use clip on mounts. That way you could use pretty much any headlamp you wanted.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leethal said:
You could always ditch the stock lamp mount and use clip on mounts. That way you could use pretty much any headlamp you wanted.
Well, I was so focused on the headlight and replacing the lamp that I overlooked the fact that there is already a set of clip ons holding it on. Since it is a 7 inch spread between the mounting points, I should have no problem with a different bucket. Any issues on this bike going to a halogen?

·
Registered
205 Posts
the charging system is dubious for keeping up with a higher wattage bulb. I've read H4's (55w) will kill the battery. Something in the 35w-40w range would probably be ok.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sharkmonkey said:
the charging system is dubious for keeping up with a higher wattage bulb. I've read H4's (55w) will kill the battery. Something in the 35w-40w range would probably be ok.
Thanks. I may look for a new light in that range or check these pages for a way to beef up the charging system.

I appreciate the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts