Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's not a twin but with all you experts on here I was hoping someone would know. I am building a CB100 road racer and want to go battery-less. The Honda TL125 ran lights without a battery due to it having a different type of charging system then the CB125 and the CB100. My question is: Will the charging system from a TL125 fit on a CB100 left side lower end? The cases on CB100's, CB125's and TL125's appear very similar. Thanks in advance.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
As best I can remember...YES...... We did something similar but I believe we used the XL125 windings..... AFAIK, the rotors are identical....Let ME know if you discover any differences.... :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, thanks. I'll look into the xl125 too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like the xl125 will work. I'm having a hard time finding out which ones were the ac (battery less) and which ones were the dc models. Any ideas?

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
I believe the SL was the "early" AC version and the XL's and later the XR series were improved examples, but electronic ignitions..... I did mine back in late 79 or early 80, so it was an SL or early XL part we used.... (remote points magneto set-up....)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts