Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
72 cb350 with vm30 carbs. Pilot 25. Stock exhaust. I do have a new point set on the way, the points on the bike look worn. I have the bike idling stable with air screw 1 1/4 out. If I apply any throttle the bike dies. Thinking that it might be a lean condition, I turn the air screw another 1/4 turn out. Idles a little lower and I’m getting popping out the left exhaust. Still dies if I apply throttle. This is with the choke off.

I’m so confused which direction to go. From what I read, dieing when applying throttle is usually a lean condition. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
if its already too lean turning the air screw out is going to make it worse.

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I bought my 71 CB 350 it was doing the EXACT same thing. It would fire right up, and idle fairly well, but the slightest touch of the throttle and it went oult like a candle.

In my case, when I looked a little closer, I found that the kid who sold it to me had bought nice new Dyna Coils, but he didn't put the condenser back (no condenser at all). I imagine a bad condenser would have the same effect as no condenser (or similar).

Because you said the points looked iffy, I'd check out your condenser before you get too far into the carbs.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts