Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm collecting parts to complete my beloved 1970 CB350 in purple. I found a set of side covers in good condition but odd design: the left plastic side cover is scalloped for some reason, as if for a CL exhaust. SO, the question: did Honda make a PURPLE CL350? TIA, danWI

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Dan, As far as I know, in the US, only the "73" CB350 G came in "Iris Purple"...... Are you SURE of the year?... How about a pic of that part?... Steve

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve, I have verified my purple CB350... matching engine and frame #40XXXX, headstock tag 1971. Maybe someone put the purple parts on an earlier CB! What do you think...

Also, i purchased the purple covers today and they are from a CL350. Left cover has indent for the upper exhaust. I'm going to try to use them on my CB until i find the right parts. Thanks for any input, danWI

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<bump>

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here is a picture of what I think is the purple-Iris Purple Metallic- that Steve referred to.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/259644/

Did these bikes have a paint code on the bike? Was it part of the serial #? Just wondering for originality and how did the factory painter know what color to paint ( "I'm sick of _____, I'll switch to _____" :) )?

Larry

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
that "Irsis Purple" sure is a sweet looking colour.

how does one go about getting honda colour codes...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just going through some old threads looking for a color code and I saw this one. I did see a CL350 one time that was purple. I am not sure if it was original or a custom job. It looked pretty good, so I stopped and took a picture of it. I saw this one on Campus here at Iowa State University.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Transport

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm collecting parts to complete my beloved 1970 CB350 in purple. I found a set of side covers in good condition but odd design: the left plastic side cover is scalloped for some reason, as if for a CL exhaust. SO, the question: did Honda make a PURPLE CL350? TIA, danWI
If you decide to sell the CL side covers let me know. Thanks.

Steve, I have verified my purple CB350... matching engine and frame #40XXXX, headstock tag 1971. Maybe someone put the purple parts on an earlier CB! What do you think...

Also, i purchased the purple covers today and they are from a CL350. Left cover has indent for the upper exhaust. I'm going to try to use them on my CB until i find the right parts. Thanks for any input, danWI

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.