Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1975 cb360t
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to "redo" an old 360 tank, didn't come out perfect but pretty dang good .... I went with a copper candy and 2k clear coat
New paint/decals/new petcock/new emblems and inside coated

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks good! Was your 2k coming out of a can like spraymax? Also if you don't mind sharing, how'd you deal with the crossover tubes and petcock holes when you were sealing the tank?

·
Registered
1975 cb360t
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good! Was your 2k coming out of a can like spraymax? Also if you don't mind sharing, how'd you deal with the crossover tubes and petcock holes when you were sealing the tank?
Yes 2k spraymax in a can, it's AMAZING stuff! $25 a can but worth every penny. Just plug off the holes, rotate to coat then drain. You don't have to worry about the petcock hole threads because they are on the outer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Decided to "redo" an old 360 tank, didn't come out perfect but pretty dang good .... I went with a copper candy and 2k clear coat
New paint/decals/new petcock/new emblems and inside coated

View attachment 314178 View attachment 314179 View attachment 314180 View attachment 314181
Nice! I'm in the middle of doing my 360 tank also...Hawaiian Blue. Quick question for you...did you place the decal on the top of the clear coat or did you clear coat over it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1975 cb360t
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! I'm in the middle of doing my 360 tank also...Hawaiian Blue. Quick question for you...did you place the decal on the top of the clear coat or did you clear coat over it? Thanks!
I put the decals on the paint then cleared over them, although it is perfectly acceptable to paint/clear/decals then clear over again.

·
Registered
73 CL450, 74 CL360
4 Posts
I put the decals on the paint then cleared over them, although it is perfectly acceptable to paint/clear/decals then clear over again.
Hi Snakeskinner. Looks great. What type of basecoat did you use? The color is great! Do you have a paint code you can share?

·
Registered
1975 cb360t
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Snakeskinner. Looks great. What type of basecoat did you use? The color is great! Do you have a paint code you can share?
It was a color they mixed for me at a local paint shop, not sure what code they used, I picked it out of a big book they had. Sorry

·
Registered
1975 cb360t
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy cow that’s beautiful!!! Was the tank dent free before paint or did you have to do any repairs?
Thanks! It didn't come out flawless as the decal has a few tiny wrinkles but it came out pretty darn good.
The tank was pretty much dent free, spot putty to sand smooth and it works well.
I'm actually getting ready to throw it up for sale, I'm on to my next one restoring it, I just enjoy the process honestly. Here's a sneak peak at it 😁

1 - 11 of 11 Posts