Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly dismantling my new project, '74 cl450. Lots of PB Blaster, Mapp gas torch to the exhaust studs, got them off without breaking. Wiring harness looks ok, though I will probably not use it. Got to the top clamp and loosened the bolts and found the top clamp is cracked at the right tube. Dang! Well, if this is the worst I find, that's not bad. Anyone know what will interchange so I can start searching? It's the type that clamps around the tubes. Tubes are 35mm.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
If you want to retain your factory gauges then start surfing Ebay for something that matches yours.. If you don't care about the gauges then CB or CL 450 top clamps will work for you as long as they're the top clamp variety and not the screw in tube type...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
52 Posts
My exhaust stud broke off last night too. Gonna wd-40 it all week until my new exhaust arrives.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know about the height of the stem but the triple off my 73 tx650 fits 35mm forks. if you know of a place you could press the stem out of your and do the same with the tx triple. I know somebody who used the old stem on a set of trees from a gsxr to get 41 or 42mm forks huge and it looks funny to me but I know it can be done.

don't know if that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts