Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi - as part of my CB350 rebuild, I plan to measure my cylinders - I did a google search to see what was out there, but everything I found had very bad reviews! I was surprised - are there good cylinder gauges out there? Can anyone recommend one for me?

I found this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-ENG ... 969&sr=1-1

which looks like it would work and is cheap which is nice. One reviewer posted a great review that mentions that this can only detect issues with the shape and that it does not actually tell you the diameter of the cylinder. He indicates that this isn't necessarily a problem because you can detect whether there's an issue, then take it to a machine shop and they will have the tools to measure and bore it appropriately. I'm not completely convinced.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
-w

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
superwesman said:
hi - as part of my CB350 rebuild, I plan to measure my cylinders - I did a google search to see what was out there, but everything I found had very bad reviews! I was surprised - are there good cylinder gauges out there? Can anyone recommend one for me?

I found this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools-ENG ... 969&sr=1-1

which looks like it would work and is cheap which is nice. One reviewer posted a great review that mentions that this can only detect issues with the shape and that it does not actually tell you the diameter of the cylinder. He indicates that this isn't necessarily a problem because you can detect whether there's an issue, then take it to a machine shop and they will have the tools to measure and bore it appropriately. I'm not completely convinced.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
-w
I've got one of those and it works fine for what I use it for (measuring cylinder dia.'s) It has lots of other uses for the bikes such as brake piston dia.'s, swing arm bushing dia's and others.

I don't use it a lot but it seems accurate so far.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts