Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if this tank mght fit a 450 for that cafe look e-bay # 220349955326

Attachments

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Jay -

Most anything could be made to work, if you're willing to put in enough time on it.

I would say the prospects of a bolt-up are not good - Hondas aren't really known for tank interchangeability between models.

If anyone would know, Steve would, but he hasn't chimed in yet, so I guess you'll have to illuminate us in this case.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Ask the seller for pictures of the bottom with a tape measure laid between the mounts and bolt holes, and exact measurements. Post up here while you're at it. Might help...?

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I don't know that much about the differences between 450's and years but that exact tank will swap in and look good on the Rebel 450. Don't know if that helps. Jack over at Jack's Rebel Warehouse recommends it for folks wanting a new tank for the Rebel 450.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Flugtechnik said:
You can ask this guy how he is mounting his. I've been looking for a good deal on one to put on mine. I like the look and could use a bigger tank.

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6170.0

Say guy, you might want to take a little closer look at the tank on that 450 in that link you posted, it's actually a CB500T gas tank and not a CX500 part. Still a nice tank but is smooth down the sides. Just thought I needed to point that out. We do appreciate the efforts though. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts