Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got time to put the voltmeter inside the tach. I plan on running it directly to the battery so I installed a push button on off switch on the side so it can be turned off when the bike is off.
12v.jpg

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Looks good, daytime visibility should be good too.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Nice job - looks like my tach looked when I bought the pair from a guy here who had his done and the volt meter installed during the refurb. Hope your volt meter holds up better than mine did, it started losing segments before I put 500 miles on the bike. I finally disconnected it because the last digit was unreadable

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Time will tell. I did put effort into securing the meter and connections with epoxy to prevent the wires pulling but I have no idea how the vibrations will tell on it. The meter was a few dollars and the push button the same, actually got 4 spares now, so it was just something to keep busy.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At least a couple hundred miles this spring, wish there was better weather or there would be more and its still working well.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I would suggest tapping into one of the black wires in the harness. That will switch the meter off with the ignition switch.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would suggest tapping into one of the black wires in the harness. That will switch the meter off with the ignition switch.
That would be the smart professional way but I went my way lol. I wanted to try the on off button, and it is working quite well so far.

I also enforced any stress points in the wiring with epoxy or tie downs, which may be why it is still working.

Crash

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Crash - on mine, the actual LED digits started failing... at first it was just one section, so you couldn't tell if it was 14.5 or 14.6 and then later, almost the whole tenths digit quit working, so hopefully your LED are more durable. I wish mine still worked, but the charging system is good and I'm not going to all the trouble to open up the gauge again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts