Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a regulator/rectifier for a CBR600F4 CBR600F4i 2001-2006 (ebay link). It has 3 yellow wires and 2 sets of red and green. The red and greens are + and - obviously. Does it matter which of my yellow/pink/white cb350 wires are connected to which yellow wires? I connected it a couple ways and it charges my capacitor with a similar amount of kicks. Without going through every possible combination, can anyone tell me if it matters how the 3 poles are connected to the regulator?

The factory cb350 wiring has the white not going to the regulator/rectifier at all, but some minimal diagrams I've seen have the the white & yellow connected together, but that would leave 1 of my yellow reg input wires open.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just did some research and learned that I have a 1 phase and this is for a 3 phase. The yellow and white are the same circuit except the white feeds the headlight first. So basically, the yellow and white can be joined and connected to one of the reg wires, the pink to another, and the third reg wire left alone.

PS, I'm making custom wiring with a capacitor and don't want the headlight powered at all times. I will turn it on manually after the bike is fired up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I saw the thread about the Koehler unit, but this was cheaper and better cooling fin design. Plus I like that it has a separate ground wire, and not going through the chassis. Plus plus having 2 red and greens makes me think it would have less of a voltage drop, but who knows, the resistance within the unit may likely be the limiting factor anyways.

Can anyone confirm if indeed it's best to just connect the yellow and white to one of the reg inputs and leave the 3rd reg input alone? Any benefit in connecting the 3rd reg input to one of my alternator poles?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
My best recommendation is to follow the wiring diagram of the bike the r/r unit and from, and use that as a model for the 350 wiring placement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts