Honda Twins banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
854 Posts
That is a hot mess. What is going on with how the rear shock is attached to the swing arm?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
The only thing more impressive than the rear brake linkage is those lower shock mounts. Good thing it's not running, lots safer that way.

Reactions: devilclown

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing more impressive than the rear brake linkage is those lower shock mounts. Good thing it's not running, lots safer that way.
Says he lined the inside of the tank, judging from his custom work on the outside, no worries of it ever running again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I'm confused about the usefulness of "handlebars and mirrors sealed inside of fuel tank." :-?

That well routed wire to the "custom" tail light was the first thing to catch my attention (is that light off the trailer he used to haul the bike home? :( ), but when I finally noticed it, or rather its absence, the "custom exhaust from stock" has to be my favorite feature. :grin:

Reactions: devilclown

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
Worked at a dealership could mean bike sales person or parts-counter person, not specifically a mechanic......

Those "lowering blocks" on the rear shock are obviously incorrectly installed... There was supposed to be a hold-down bolt at the rear to prevent them from pivoting up.......However, you couldn't install it on a 450 unless you modified the axle-slot in the swingarm a LOT...OR, modified the blocks, adding a hold down....(the blocks were designed for use on the 500, 550, and 750 fours)......

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Worked at a dealership could mean bike sales person or parts-counter person, not specifically a mechanic......

Those "lowering blocks" on the rear shock are obviously incorrectly installed... There was supposed to be a hold-down bolt at the rear to prevent them from pivoting up.......However, you couldn't install it on a 450 unless you modified the axle-slot in the swingarm a LOT...OR, modified the blocks, adding a hold down....(the blocks were designed for use on the 500, 550, and 750 fours)......
I hope your not implying this guy had no idea what he is doing! LOL!

·
Registered
195 Posts
2 things stand out, though there are tons of unfortunate things that stand out.

"Restored" is misunderstood by this person.

"Custom" is a word being abused by this person.
Unfortunately, the classifieds are littered with these "customs" nowadays. Most simply have the rear half of the seat frame lopped off, and a set of straight bars tacked on. A piece of plywood covered with vinyl is tacked on for the seat, and the whole mash-up is liberally doused with flat black spray bomb. Voila - instant Custom!

Reactions: workdogz2
1 - 17 of 17 Posts