Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched the forum for this, but it seems like a moving target.
Was carelessly threading my compression reader in my sparkplug hole, and noticed it cross threaded. Mostly at the front of the threads. Is there a solution that doesn't require me to remove the head? Was thinking about retapping and/or chasing the threads, then blowing it out with compressed air with a vacuum held up to the sparkplug hole to catch whatever metal shavings might've landed in the cylinder.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Some old school ways are to take a deep spark plug cut into the threads fill the threads with grease .. chase into the chamber, and HOPE everything comes out stuck to the grease..
Obviously, if you crossthreaded something that easy, and discovered it fairly quickly, a PO may have done it prior to you...

·
Registered
224 Posts
The one I bought last year the top three to four threads were pulled out, it's such a deep thread I was suggested to not worry about it. No problems yet. Oh yea I did use a plug thread chaser with grease on it to clean them up a bit also.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Never saw those before.. I checked out a video on YouTube.. friggn awesome!!
Beats pulling the head ANYDAY!!
BONUS.. it isn't "available only" from snap-on and cost $200
$24.. well worth the money!!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I can't remember where I bought it, but I bought a set of two (10mm,12mm) for about $30.00 a few years ago. If you only use it once, it will pay for itself.

......Paul

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
False alarm. The leading threads are damaged, but was able to thread a new sparkplug in no problem. Still might get one of those tools for future use tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts