Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found some conflicting info. On my recently acquired 1980 CM200T the drain hose from the bottom of the separator is only about 2 inches long. Therefore it is not routed as the manual illustrates and has no plug. Is this system essential? Is the plug just a stopper or some one-way valve of sorts.

Discovered that the metal air cleaner is foamless and valves are way too tight. Carb is being dissected today. If anyone has a source for a quality rebuild kit I'd like to hear about it. What I see on eBay is too cheap to be respected, but I'll go for it if anyone trusts it.

Thanks all,
Justin

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I'd just get the gasket kit from Honda, has all the soft parts needed. Jets rarely need replacement. Western Honda Powersports- Honda Dealers 50 years In AZ Motorcycles ATVs Sales Parts Service & Repair
The breather hose is to drain blowby oil after it's gone thru the separator screen, done each oil change. The plug in the hose is to keep that all contained so it doesn't blow out onto the rear tire, swingarm, etc. Helps keep the back end cleaner plus no oil on the tire. http://shop.westernhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts