Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
are you 100% sure it's a crack or could it be an imperfection in the casting? try doing some light grinding and/or sanding to see how deep it goes, can you see either piece flexing?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
You could find a used replacement for probably less than having it repaired, most reputable shops won't touch it because of liability issues.

Reactions: Brent

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
What model and year is your bike? The wheel will also be labeled with diameter and width.

Someone local may have a wheel to sell you, remember that ebay now charges sales tax so the for sale and wanted sections of the forums are where we need to be buying and offering our spares.

·
Super Moderator
24,208 Posts
I'm not sure that's a crack, it may be a casting flaw. I would file that area down some and see if it's just a surface issue or it truly is a crack. US replacements will always be black, gold wheels were UK and Europe

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sanded all the areas down, and the “cracks” disappear. It seems to be imperfections from the casting but I haven’t noticed them earlier. Will put a coat of black engine paint on the inner part of the wheel and keep my eyes open both for new cracks and a replacement wheel.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts