Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not at all familiar with these bikes, but a coworker is trying to find a 73 Enduro 250 (I think cc is correct). Wonder what is special about the year, except probably something from his youth. Is this bike also called the Motorsport? In any event anyone in Honda twins land aware of any of these on the market or stashed away in some garage awaiting new life.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I'm sure he's referring to the XL250, which came out in '72. All the SL models before it were called "Motosport" and the name continued with the XL250... it was what we called an enduro model then (later referred to as a dual sport). It had a heavy flywheel/rotor which added to its torque, but was still a large bore short stroke engine (74mm bore IIRC). I bought one new while working at a Honda dealer in my senior year in high school and ran the hell out of it regularly, very durable bike. It had only 42% front end weight and it made for a tremendous wheelie bike too. This is a picture of one I had later that was stripped down, strictly off-road. Same bike, same year but no street-legal stuff on it

me at Croom about 1986.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts