Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
head light will not come on, 82 450 nighthawk. If I jump the fuse from the headlight to the rear light fuse, the head light works! so from the colored diagram I see the power to the head light fuse comes from the push button starter switch, because the head light is turned off when the starter is engaged. Is this correct? if, so, then I need to check the push button starter switch to see if its allowing power to the headlight fuse, when the starter is not engaged. correct?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Should be battery voltage on both sides of that switch when it's at rest. I think the colors are red/brown & red/yellow. The red/brown wire supplies 12 volts to the headlight fuse.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be battery voltage on both sides of that switch when it's at rest. I think the colors are red/brown & red/yellow. The red/brown wire supplies 12 volts to the headlight fuse.
ok, got the clam shell switch housing apart, and see the red/black wire, but no bare spot to get a connection, don`t want to take the throttle cables off, so whats the best way to probe the r/b wire?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, figured out to check it at the red plug, problem some times there is voltage, some time not.??. checked continuity and the wiring looks ok so far, thinking its got to be the switch, got the grip off and now have access to the push button, see what happens when I open it up

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having similar problems. No power to fuse. Thanks.
fixed it, took apart the right hand controls and got down to the push button starter switch, took it apart and it was full of greasy gunk, cleaned it and the spring that kept every thing in contact, now it works great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts