Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 73 CB450 I'm going through. I just soda blasted the carbs so they look all nice and pretty. the carbs APPEAR to have all the original Keihin brass. I can't tell about these needles though. Is there a good reference chart for all the 450 years as to what model carbs they had and what jet and needle#'s they had originally?

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
More important would be what carbs you actually have..... Number is on flat just above carb bowl, facing the air-cleaner...

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
All CB/CL through K4 (including K0) used needle # 16012-292-004 - this would be with 14H carbs (except K0).
Later models (including 500T) used needle # 16012-346-004, with later 7xx series carbs.
Always stick with your old brass if possible - modern aftermarkets are junk.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Interesting ... my list shows the first 5 digits of the part numbers are 16151 and 16113, respectively.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Presumably, you want the actual number that is stamped into the needle, NOT the part number anyway..... My 14 H carbs have 053000 needles in them...

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Presumably, you want the actual number that is stamped into the needle, NOT the part number anyway..... My 14 H carbs have 053000 needles in them...
Was this the right side 14H you were going to send me?? (hint, hint)

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Nope, that one is all boxed up, but haven't got out to send it yet......

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carbs are 723A
Needles are D52301

I know the reproductions are crap. I didn't see the tiny K on the needle so Iw as tryito deduc eif they were Keihin or replacements. They have a plastic chuck on them so maybe that covers it up?

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok. So the one other thing I have noticed. Is there a difference in emulsion tubes between the different carb versions? The tubes on my 73 have 4 holes on one side. The carbs I have from the 68 have 4 holes on one side and 2 on the other side. I know the needles were different on these two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts