Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the seat and tank arrived from Omar's yesterday. Wow, do they do a nice job on their glass work. I've done a lot of glass and the finish on the gel coat is flawless. I'll post pix later. Now the work begins!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Let's see some pictures. How is the progress so far.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got primer on the frame members the other day. I'll post some pix when I get the paint on it in the next few weeks, time permitting. The inn business has been good this season and I haven't had a lot of time to work on the bike. It's a lot of detail work right now like cleaning and polishing bolts and all the little things that really take a lot of time. This new two part paint and primer is like learning to paint all over again. I'm used to acrylic lacquer primer and then a base coat- clear coat, but NOooo. Now you have to use a 2 part primer sealer, a 2 part primer surfacer and then all the base coat and clear. A cool $300 for the paint. If it wasn't for the fiberglass tank and seat, I would have had the whole thing powder coated. I swear that I am going to build a PC oven so I can do my own

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a garage sale oven and I bake everything that will fit in that thing. Someday I may try to build myself an oven that I could fit a frame into. Until then I am happy with the oven that I have. I can fit my 19" rims it it so it works good for me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious about your PC oven. You can fit a rim in it? What model oven is it? I haven't been able to find one that could fit a rim yet. Do you PC the whole wheel assy or just the rim? Curious about the results. PC is sure a lot cheaper than paint. My cost for the paint and all the rest of the necessary crap was $260.00.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an older Maytag. I must say that I can only fit a 18" rim in it. Powder is cheap. If the prep work is don well the coating will look great and last for a long time. Way worth it to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts