Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto part Pipe

I'm making a new wiring harness and wondering what I should do with the connector to the ignition switch, see picture. Can I replace this for just a normal 4-point connector or do I need this specific part? If yes, where to get it? Advice and tips much appreciated.
Dion

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
Replace it with a normal (rectangular) 4 pin connector. You'll ideally need a proper crimping tool to make the connections.

My CL175 suffered a series of engine cut outs in embarrassing places, all because of that round connector. Worn pins and sockets, poor design. Later bikes use the normal type of connector with male and female spade connectors.

I replaced mine, problem solved.

4 Way 2.8mm .110 Series MTW Mini Latch Motorcycle Loom Connector

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replace it with a normal (rectangular) 4 pin connector. You'll ideally need a proper crimping tool to make the connections.

My CL175 suffered a series of engine cut outs in embarrassing places, all because of that round connector. Worn pins and sockets, poor design. Later bikes use the normal type of connector with male and female spade connectors.

I replaced mine, problem solved.

4 Way 2.8mm .110 Series MTW Mini Latch Motorcycle Loom Connector
Thanks, helps a lot.
Dont quite understand what the connector did tot your engine (not native english), care to explain?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts