Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I’m entering the rebuilding of my engine I’m thinking on my exhaust. From my understanding the CB/ CL350’s want some back pressure. My bike came with basically wide open headers with some little slash cuts welded on. I cut those off, extended the headers be 12” and ran Vintage VW Exhaust tips. The bike sounded good , although a little too loud after 2 hours of riding but wouldn’t pull over 7,000 rpms and there wasn’t any pep in the top end, bottom end felt nice and pulled nice. Plugs at the time we’re nice and tan throughout the plugchops.
This past November I built a 2-1 exhaust using a stock muffler from an early 2000’s Harley. Tone was nice, maybe a bit quiet but the bike ran like a scalded beast for a 350. Pulled nice throughout the rev range up to 10,500 with no issues and there was a noticeable power band between 7,000-9,000 rpms. The plugchops showed the plugs running slightly rich, maybe just enough for a rejet then I stripped a plug and decided to rebuild after seeing heavy cam and rocker wear.

On to now... I’m thinking of replacing the Harley Muffler with a Cone Engineering 17” reverse cone. I’m stuck between the standard reverse cone vs the quiet core. I do not want to sacrifice what performance I have with the Harley muffler as is. Would our bikes perform better with the quiet core vs the standard cone? I am running Mikuni VM30’s with Uni Air Filters.

Curious on opinions?

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Moved to the 350 engine section
I would call Cone and ask their opinion, they are quite knowledgeable and helpful

1 - 2 of 2 Posts