Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have what i think is a 71 350 honda scrambler...i would like to sell it and wondering how to go about it should i sell it as a whole complete bike or part it out. its pretty rough looking and needs a lot of tlc but has all its parts. my plan originally was to do a complete re build. it just keeps not happening and the bike has been sitting outside. please advise. thanks for your time. chantalle

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
3 major things missing from your post.

1 - where is the bike currently located. geography makes a big difference in who might be interested
2 - do you own or have a valid title of ownership - titles make a HUGE difference in the bikes value. In some states no title - its only a pile of parts running or not.
3 - how much ?
4 - optional but really helps a picture.

·
Super Moderator
10,173 Posts
You'll get more money by parting it out but you'll invest significant time and in the end likely have about half of it left over.

As mentioned above geography matters as does the season. Try selling a bike today in Minneapolis with a forecast of freezing rain changing to sleet changing to up to a foot of snow!:shock:

No title you can almost cut the whole-bike value in half.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi the location of the bike is santa cruz california
i have the title....somewhere lol
on the price im open to offers
i will try to post pics

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hard to tell what you have due to all the parts interchanging. I'm guessing it could have been an SL350 K0 model (1970) based on the frame and muffler. Post up the VIN. Those mufflers could be worth more than you paid for it. Here's a reality check on muffler prices for that bike.
Honda SL350 K0 Right Side Muffler P2855 | eBay

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
include the serial number for the engine too...your bike is a bitsa bike...bits of parts from a few different bikes.
the front forks, triple trees, front wheel, fender, handlebars, gas tank, seat, rear fender and headlight ears are from a 1968 CL350K0. gauges look like 1970 SL350, as is the exhaust, and frame
points cover is also cl350 K0 the engine may also be but the serial number will tell us for certain

·
Premium Member
7,863 Posts
that makes the frame a 1968 CL350K0 like most of the rest of the bike...the PO must have just used the SL350K0 swingarm side plates and mufflers and then painted it silver.
how about the serial number on the motor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey everyone! i just wanted to tell you i sold my bike . I ended up selling it for 375 i had bought it for 150 so came out ahead i guess. iwas super sad to see it go. the new owner plans on a full rebuild. Also and most important I wanted to THANK YOU! You have a great community here and hopefully sooner than later i will be back. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

1 - 13 of 13 Posts