Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone purchase this item? It looks very robust which is good. There is a LOT more thread compared to the stock plug. I tried installing it on my engine, and the bolt seemed to run out of space with another 1 full turn left to completely seat. From this position, the bolt is easily loosened by hand (no tools required), which is a liability. I think the end of the bolt is hitting part of the lower crankcase. I will contact CMC to see what they have to say about it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
CMC Update! Turns out I am not the only one with this issue, and it seems to be a small minority. They are sending me an alternate that is guaranteed to work. Props to CMC for customer service!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I looked at a parts store for a 22mm drain bolt and found one that would fit the bike but was for a dodge. The threads were longer, so I passed on buying. I was curious about that. I'm wondering if Honda cars have a size to match. Might look next time I need used parts for my daughter's civic.
Extra washers will take up the space, but not quite the ideal fit when you expect an equivalent replacement.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts