Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hello everybody glad to finally be a supporting vendor (been member of the forum for several years now)

Just as a heads up common-motor.com is the new site that replaces our old HondaCB360.com site. I know that a lot of you here on the forum have been to the old site and I wanted to thank you for all your support. Been doing our best to support the 360 owners community and are now expanding to support to the 350's and 450's too! We have a lot of parts that still need to make it up on the site and will continue to roll out more parts for the 350's, 360's and 450's as soon as we can. Take a look around and let us know what you think. Any questions or comments post them here on the forum or drop us a line. Also let us know what parts you are looking for as it helps the development of the catalog.

ninadm, thanks for the comments. The shop is going well and we stay busy around here.

Best,

Brenden CMC Shop Director
[email protected]
832-356-7670 (tech line)

·
Super Moderator
5,918 Posts
I can vouch for Common Motor collective and Brenden. I have been working with him and buying lots of parts from him. A trustworthy and Honorable guy. (Was Hondacb360.com previously)

MANY of the parts on my CB360 are from his store. The quality is great, service excellent. Prices competitive. You may find a lower price somewhere, but not get the service and back up you get from Brenden and his company. I highly recommend this vendor!!

Welcome Brenden.

·
Premium Member
2,906 Posts
Welcome aboard. I did a quick cruise thru your site and I'm 100% sure I'll be back once I start in on my next project.

Glad to have you guys join us here.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Brendan is a great source for parts and info. Have ordered many parts to my build this year and a great fast shipper.

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
Welcome. Although I have never used your services, I have heard nothing but praise for your shop.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Spent some time on the phone with Brendan, incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. Fast shipping on parts as well. Highly recommended shop.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Awesome site !! Lots of great stuff. I am always worried about customs duties when ordering from Canada.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can I bring my bike to work on? I need some help replacing fork seals and removing a rounded bolt for oil?

- Rama

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I used the CMC rectifier/regulator on my black mamaba cb450 restore works well provides about 13v at idle. Up to 13.2v or.3 at 2000. Their directions are good and the combining both phases from the generator makes sense.

Any one know how to insure it is not overcharging?

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
The fuel tank petcock and cap lock, cam chain removal tool, oil filter O-rings and oil filter C clip were appreciated.

For overcharging, don't hit 15 or 16 volts as I found out and corrected, but stay at below 14.0. Everyone has their own maximum value they want to see. You want the voltage high enough so it always starts but not so high it boils off battery water and shortens bulb life.

I made a test setup to check the cut-off voltage of the Honda voltage regulator (which I call a limiter) using a 9 VDC battery, light bulb, 12V adjustable power supply, if you're interested. Can do it on a bench.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts