Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Still working on my 68 cd175. My wife says she's glad I have a hobby. I just wish I could make it run.
So...
I see the points sparking, I've got the timing right on. But the plugs do not make a spark when I hold em next to the block. I have new plugs. And new plug caps today. So I decided to check the (new) coil with my multi meter.
Across the low side with the meter set on 200 I get a reading of 2.1, which seems low but it's 6volt so I think maybe.
Across the high side with the meter set on 20k I get nothing. On 200k I get 23.5
Did I do this correctly? Do these sound like reasonable results?
If this all seems correct why can't I get any spark through my plugs?
The (also new)battery reads 6.03v
I can smell gas on the plugs when I take em out.
Also, does anyone know does it matter which bolt is used to hold the condenser. It says in the book to replace it to the same bolt, but mine was not on the bike when I bought it. Could this make a difference?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the probes on the multi meter on the hot and ground of the primary side and get a reading and then in a second test one probe in one spark plug wire and the other probe in the other spark plug wire. I did not try to get a reading from the primary to secondary side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts