Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Are you saying you have the bike wired this way with the coils connected directly to the ignition switch and not through the kill switch? I could see the potential for some voltage spikes but would contact Pamco to get their opinion. Expensive piece to fry.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying you have the bike wired this way with the coils connected directly to the ignition switch and not through the kill switch? I could see the potential for some voltage spikes but would contact Pamco to get their opinion. Expensive piece to fry.
Im re wiring it correctly now (never tried to start it the other way)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I would feed every thing off the kill switch, you know it will stop and you don't need to risk heating up parts with stray voltage.

Reactions: Lost_Cause

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have found voltage drops from a dirty kill switch, the ignition switch and connector, in the headlight bucket connections and from a partially broken wire in the wire harness. The voltage should be checked at the coils and should be close to battery voltage. Be sure also to check under load, ie running at higher rpms.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found voltage drops from a dirty kill switch, the ignition switch and connector, in the headlight bucket connections and from a partially broken wire in the wire harness. The voltage should be checked at the coils and should be close to battery voltage. Be sure also to check under load, ie running at higher rpms.
Thanks! Will do !

·
Registered
929 Posts
Make sure you have good grounds especially if you have done some painting on the frame. The coils ground through the frame. Also the ground strap at the engine needs clean metal to the frame and engine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Make sure you have good grounds especially if you have done some painting on the frame. The coils ground through the frame. Also the ground strap at the engine needs clean metal to the frame and engine.
Oh man, this is why I'm on here!

The coil mounts i welded are painted and the coils are in rubber washers to avoid vibration!

Ill add a strap! Thank you so much for the heads up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts