Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I picked up a 1982 CM450E last week and have been busy getting it cleaned up and road ready. One barrier is a very busted speedometer.

Looking for a matching pair, coil driven analog tach and cable driven analog speedo that will just work, MPH, not GPS. Not afraid of rewiring to move the status lights around. Not afraid of making my own mounts.

I figured this should be easy, I know it's a 7:1 2240:60mph, I'd just go to ebay and pick up a new pair. Well, ebay is infuriating. Everything fits everything, no one lists ratios and most are KPH (looking for MPH). I'd prefer around 3" but not much there, I can compromise there for something a little smaller or larger.

Anyone have anything, or can link what will work? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After more research... looks like I can use most any cable driven speedometer, except for a Harley 2:1. But for a signal driven Tach, I need a 2:1 which are only made for Harley's. The only 2.5"/65mm tach for dual fire I can find, is limited to 8K RPM (hmm sounds like an American V-Twin). Hard to find a matching pair given those parameters. All the other Harley tachs are ginormous.

The big problem with most Tachs is the waste spark doubles the RPM reading. Oddly enough, the only converter is from single fire to dual fire, and not the other way around. I guess metric v-twin owners really need to mount Harley style tachs, but we Honda inline dual-fire twin owners are nothing to the marketplace.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts