Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my petcock on over night and noticed soms fuel on the outershell of the crankcase under the carband notice this tube was cracked and not connected to anything but the bottom of the carb what is it for and should I just cut the crappy part and put it back or find a new tube. pictures show cracked end and where it was attached.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
The nipple on the bottom of the carb bowl is the drain. Opening the screw next to it in your picture will drain the fuel from the bowl. There is also an overflow standpipe in the bowl which will drain excess fuel in the bowl, such as when the petcock is left on. The tube connects to that nipple and is routed behind the engine and ahead of the rear wheel on the right side, kind of behind the battery box. It's purpose is to route the fuel to where it can just drip on the ground (or garage floor) instead of dripping on the engine.

When you forget to close the petcock it is imperative that you check your oil for fuel contamination. It is possible for that excess fuel to make it through the intake, into the cylinder with the open intake valve, and past the rings into the crankcase. If there is any doubt, change the oil.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the oil like I normally do before start up since I has a small leak and I didn't notice a gas smell to it and I didn't look any different. Should I just get some new fuel line to replace it then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts