Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

How are y'all doing? I got my cm450c running again however on start or with a slight turn of the throttle it goes in high rev and take some time to come back to idle. I got new carbs with the needles recommended for drivability update, the mixtuer screws are 7 turns out and pilot screw is 2 out, are these the correct turns out? Thoughts on what I should check?

- Rama

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Don't know what you mean by pilot screw, possibly the idle speed adjustment? The only "spec" is for the mixture screws. The initial setting is 2 1/4 turns out for your bike but that's just a place to start. From there you adjust them individually to achieve highest idle rpm. Then you sync the carbs and do it again.

Your high idle could be the result of cable/linkage hanging up, improperly installed throttle plates, vacuum leaks, etc. I'd start by making sure your cables are working properly then get your mixtures and sync correct..

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Since you did the 'driveability' modification, are the needles free? They should be loose. Did you put the vacuum pistons back in the same carbs? I'm thinking they are 'sticking' in their bores or the needles are binding against the jet bore.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I notice on your "To Do" list there's carb boots listed. If these are the insulators then those need to be done before any more carb work. If they are the air box boots then those have to be in place before tuning/setting the carbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts