Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

So I was riding my CM450 home from work yesterday and somewhere between my office and my house I lost the muffler from my exhaust. Fortunately when it fell off I was well clear of any other traffic so there was no danger of anyone hitting the thing while it was bouncing down the road... unfortunately though in the time it took me to pull over and double back a city bus smashed it flat so now I'm trying to decide what I should buy to replace it with.

I have to say that I'm pretty into the way it sounds with just the pipe on there however it is WAAAAY too loud to be at all usable. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a replacement slip on what will give me the same sort of gritty tone of the pipe but at like 40% volume. It'd be great if I don't have to rejet as well but I've got no problem taking care of that if its needed.

The rest of the exhaust is still intact and in good shape so I'd like to just get a new muffler to just pop on there instead of replacing the whole exhaust. The old one was a chrome emgo 2 into 1 reverse cone deal. I've found plenty of compatible reverse cone and a few megaphone style mufflers that I can clamp on where the old one fell off but am having trouble finding good examples of how those are going to sound.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!
-seacaptainjoe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent, thanks for the advice!

I bought a random generic muffler of a similar design to the one you linked on Amazon just to get something on there so I could continue to ride the bike since it is my daily commuter as long as the weather isn't terrible. It sounds pretty good (like a mean dirt bike) but the build quality is crap and its still way too loud.
I'll give the one you linked a shot, looks to be just what I'm looking for!

Thanks!
-seacaptainjoe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts