Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had the bike for a week. Carbs have been dismantled, throughly cleaned, and reassembled. Rubbers for air box to carbs arrived today. O-rings for the intake and throttle cables should arrive this week. Tore down the master cylinder and ordered a rebuild kit yesterday. Today I did a general cleaning including air box which was full of seeds from some critter. I also hooked up a 12volt supply to check out the electrical. All seemed good, however not enough juice to get more than a clicking from the starter. Now that I’ve got the bike cleaned up and battery box painted, I’ll pick up and install a battery this week. I’ve got a gallon of Metal Rescue delivering to the office tomorrow, I’ll begin the tank cleaning tomorrow night. I’m hoping to fire it up for the first time in 15 years next weekend. Once I’m confident it will run and no major surprises, I’ll develop a more detailed plan for where to go next. Updates to follow.
A78CEA7C-48BB-494F-936E-C8E2210545BD.jpg . D8115F9E-7DEE-4924-B73E-FC31A2C9EA01.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it fired up and idling pretty well. Seems to accelerate pretty good through the rpm range but getting some popping on deceleration. Clutch that was stuck has freed up. Still hard to pull but now functioning. Did find something weird. The turn signals work fine when the engine is not running, when running they don’t blink. Plan on rebuilding the master cylinder tomorrow and see if I can get the front brake working. Next weekend will be oil and filter change as well as new petcock and/or screen.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Some popping on decel is normal, the air cut valves minimize it.
I'd try a new flasher on it, any auto parts store has them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts