Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have you ever felt a hard resistance while kicking?
It's hard to describe but it's like something is misaligned or gets in the way, maybe like two gearing that doesn't match. I only get it every now and then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a similar issue with my CB350. When starting with the kickstarter [electric starter is not working), it almost always kicks back first time.
To be specific, I will never kick hard the first time because I know it will hurt me bad. So, I gently turn over the engine with the kickstarter and the kick-back happens. Then, I put a full power stroke kick and it starts first time every time.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Not sure the two instances are caused by the same thing - likely not, very different engines - but the 350's example could be caused by the timing being too far advanced if it is truly kicking back against your foot

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My resistance isn't hard as in heavy, it's so easy to kickstart this bike. It's more like something hard get's in the way when I kick and it sounds like you break something. I have a feeling it's something with the spring inside but it's not a big problem.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I've encountered that with the T1 at times, it's kick only. Not sure what is going on but hasn't created any issues to date

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, interesting. I'm gonna pay attention to when I feel it. I don't think I get it on the first kick and I might not let the kickstarter go all the way up and maybe that's when it happens but I'm just speculating. We'll see..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts