Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to this forum, but am planning to pick up a 1980 CM400E. I am curious if this bike is a more upright riding position 'standard' bike... I know it's the rebel predecessor but it doesn't have the pegs as far forward. This is a little bit necessary for me as I'm 5'5" with short legs and a cruiser style bike is not a good option as a result. Also, I am a little bit more partial to the standard position. As long as it's close I suspect I'll be fine.
Thanks y'all!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
The CM400E is not a cruiser and would have a standard upright riding position.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
1979 CM400T with a 5' 8" rider
5707653290_0175e7f8a7_o.JPG
The E and T have some differences but they're the same frame, enfine and suspension. Bike pictured is using Renthal Street Fighter bars which are lower and the controls are further forward than stock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Regardless of the riding position if you are 5' 5" with short legs then checking the bike out for a proper fit would be a good first choice. Ideally flat footing the bike when sitting on it is the safest position and I believe the seat height is around 30" on these bikes; which may preclude you being able to flat foot at a stopped position.
If this bike doesn't fit you well I have previously restored a few of the 1985/86 CMX 450 Rebels and sold them to people who were in the same height range as you. The control are a little more forward, yet no issues as far as seating or reaching the controls and the seat height is only 26" which is a good alternative solution. Really great bike too with some special aluminum rims that are spoked, yet take a tubeless tire and the 6th gear as an overdrive in the tranny.
P1010993.JPG P1010386.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts