Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so after my last few posts I got everything figured out. Bike’s tuned up nicely with the new Mikuni VM30’s and was running well, fixed the problem I was having with what seemed like uneven compression, but now I screwed up again. I put a new rectifier in, but when I was plugging it in I didn’t check it at all. The new one I put in had the wires in different ports, specifically the four pronged fuse or whatever it is had the black wire in the wrong spot so it wasn’t connected. I was running the bike and all my electrical systems failed. I shut the bike off, and it would not turn over again. Nothing at all, no indicator lights, absolutely nothing. I charged the battery then decided to take a look at the rectifier which was when I discovered the problem. I corrected it, plugged it back in, and still nothing. Put the old rectifier on, again, nothing. So I’m thinking I blew something, but I have no clue whatsoever on where to start here, and I SUCK at troubleshooting electrical issues. I bought a multimeter just now, but I have no idea what to test or how here, so I’m reading up on that. Figured I could get some help posting here. I was SO CLOSE to completing this build!!! Please help!!!

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
First go to the library and download the color wiring diagram so you can follow the color codes. PM sent
Starting at the battery check the battery voltage. Leave the negative lead connected to the battery and follow the Red wire from the starter solenoid forwards in the harness checking for the same or close battery voltage. Use the 20V DC scale on your VOM.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Yep, that'll do it. Also with the glass fuses pull out on both caps at the same time, the wire frequently breaks at the cap out of sight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts