Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone kind enough to share some advice with me.
I have CM400C which I adopted from my friend leaving for better life abroad. It was in so-so shape, standing for 7years in a garage now I have time and limited € to spend on hobby.
The thing is I cleaned it, changed oil, filters, carbourater, etc, and git it runnin. start is quite fine, but when cold the right exhaust is cold, left runs fine. It sounds like not healthy also...
Can anybosy please help on pinpointing the probable cause.
Thanks in advance.

·
Sensei
27,096 Posts
Bad/weak spark at plug, or fouled plug....
Carbs not clean or correctly adjusted, or synchronised.....
low compression.....

Lots of possibilities that you'll have to eliminate one at a time..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for now, I will start with thorough carb adjustment (check done), hopefully all my manuals will help.
Will let know where the problem was.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I would start with a valve adjustment and then a compression test. If the compression isn't good then all the carb adjustments in the world won't help.

·
Registered
31 Posts
To see if it is the carbs,take out air filter, then spray some easy start into the dead cylinder with engine turning over.Spray it through air filter housing, through carb.If it fires, and the header pipe gets warm you will know it is the carbs (carb).If it is get them cleaned in a ultrasonic bath.I did this after having the same problem as you and now they work great. If you need to know someone who can do them for you, and make them look and work better than new PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts