Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 81' CM400A hondamatic. The bike breaks up when you go to give it gas in first but if you switch to second it will move but will bog a bit. Looked through the shop manual and saw a fix being to replace the torque converter. Purchased one and replaced the part but now I have another issue. The bike has issues turning over. I bought another torque converter thinking the part was the issue, but the issue remains. I had the battery checked as well and its not the issue. I have since tried to replace the torque converter to the stock part and still have the same issue. Following the manual to the T and I am wondering if there is something I am missing. I am going to buy new roller bearings hoping that may be the issue. Looking for any assistance regarding this issue. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I think we need to know more about yourself, particularly your mechanical/bike experience. Your description of the problem is unclear. If we knew where you are located it is possible that a member near you could assist.

Which shop manual do you have?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
From my cb400A manual.

2.5 orifice clogged

pressure regulating valve stuck or weakened or damaged valve spring.

Seized or burnt primary drive/driven gear, stator shaft,gear or bearing

reduced engine performance

converter free-wheeling cam slipping

Damaged converter free-wheeling cam or roller spring.

I would start with the oil pump and change the pressure regulator also check the little valve under the outside the torque converter cover.

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts