Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off rear wheel to put on new rubber and new chain. Got it all back together and now for some reason it seems that the rod connecting the brake to the pedal itself. once depressed, the pedal pulls the rod forward, which in turn pulls the linkage to the brake so the wheel stops. However, once the pedal is allowed to raise, the rod pushes back toward the rear and the spring that encircles the rod pushes against the brake arm. The problem is that the brake arm BRIEFLY doesnt move with the rod, it "hangs" for a second and then SNAPS back into position. When the brake is pressed slowly it is even more obvious
Describing it is difficult. i have a video clip that explains it visually (https://ufile.io/kflh4vdx).

anyone in the los angeles (valley) area able to help me with this PLEASE? Ive got to get this bike going so I can get to work!

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
I don't get it, I responded within a minute, it's now over 12 hours...Guess he figured it out himself........

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't get it, I responded within a minute, it's now over 12 hours...Guess he figured it out himself........

no sir, i didnt. just havent been able to call you yet sorry. family duties. anyway, if i can call you on sunday that would be great!

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
After 1:00 PM Sunday here..... No call yet.....
In my opinion, that bike is unsafe to ride in its current condition, (but that could depend on what you actually did when you had it apart)......

The shoe wear indicator is reaching its limit arrow, so there is not enough compound left to adequately stop the bike...(area of contact)
The brake cam is binding because it also has reached the limit of its arc of travel, and probably needs to be cleaned and lubricated as well.....

Your best solution is new shoes properly installed, and adjusted,.... and the cam and pivots lubed....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts