Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '79 CB400T II, it suites me but I wonder what the differences are between the CB and CM.
I can see some differences in photos but is it mostly cosmetic???

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
I think the main difference is the frames , seats, gauge cluster and handlebars. There are a few other minor differences such as the side covers.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
The tank, seat, sidecovers, handlebars, gauge cluster, fenders, tire/wheel sizes, other than the stuff that's different they're pretty much the same.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Shift lever is longer foot peg perches are different triple tree, headlight mount is shorter

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sooo, lots of difference. Is one the preferred model??? My CB is a rescued bike, I was not looking for a bike
but I stumbled onto this CB400 parked outside for 15 years. I did not really choose a model, I think it chose me.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I know what you mean, they just keep following me home.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Preferred model? Really depends on it's use. Having ridden the CB and the CM on the highway and in the mountains there is a bit of a difference. The CB is more flickable and really starts to come into it's own on curves and tighter roads. The CM on the other hand seems more comfortable and stable on straight roads. So if it's around town and running mountain/hill roads where there's lots of turning, etc I'd say the CB series. If it's more commuting, long distances etc. then the CM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.