Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been back and working on the bike again. I got it back started and running ok. I'm able to ride around, so that's a plus. I am having some issues with my carbs though. I've never had to take them apart and theyve always worked pretty good. They are pulsing a little and idle is a little rough, kinda revs up and down while running. I did notice a small spot of oil and a spot that keeps puffing a small amount of air. Can anyone tell me what this is? It seems to me coming from small metal piece next to the boot, and oil is right on top of that.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
I'd say that the intake boots, carb insulators, are leaking causing a vacuum leak. Probably need new ones

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean the boots, o rings, and clamps? Or the vacuum hose? Do you know off hand how big the clamp is, can't seem to find an answer.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Clamps are reusable, don't replace those. There shouldn't be any vacuum hoses on a cm400.

The boots are probably cracking internally (it actually looks like they're splitting on the outside too) or the rubber is just too hard to properly seal.
You could try new o-rings first if you can find them cheap locally, but if your o-rings are gone your boots won't be far behind

1 - 7 of 7 Posts