Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just recently bought a 1982 CM200T as my first motorcycle and I've been loving it!

That being said, on my last couple of rides the 2nd and third gear have been squealing/humming under any throttle. I'm assuming it has something to do with the clutch or the transmission but I'm not really experienced enough to diagnose the issue. I also probably need to do some fluid changes for the gear oil in this regard but am not really sure if that would help, or what type of oil to use.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey all, I just recently bought a 1982 CM200T as my first motorcycle and I've been loving it!

That being said, on my last couple of rides the 2nd and third gear have been squealing/humming under any throttle. I'm assuming it has something to do with the clutch or the transmission but I'm not really experienced enough to diagnose the issue. I also probably need to do some fluid changes for the gear oil in this regard but am not really sure if that would help, or what type of oil to use.
There is no gear oil in the Twinstar, it uses the engine oil for it's lubrication. I use a good 10w 40, made for motorcycles, non syntactic (Important!) It is much easier to deal with the clutch than the transmission. I'd rebuild the clutch as there is really no reason for the transmission to be making any kind of noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no gear oil in the Twinstar, it uses the engine oil for it's lubrication. I use a good 10w 40, made for motorcycles, non syntactic (Important!) It is much easier to deal with the clutch than the transmission. I'd rebuild the clutch as there is really no reason for the transmission to be making any kind of noise.
Does it use a separate reservoir? Or is it just one conjoined lubrication system?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts