Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for tires to fit my '80 CM200T. Still running the original 3.00-17 front and 3.50-16 rear. Having a hard time finding these sizes; any recommendations? I just installed a set of Kenda on my CM400 after receiving the metric conversion from this group; worked great, thanks to those who steered me in the correct direction.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Conversion shows as an 80/90/17 and 100 or 90/90/16
Bike Bandit comes up with the Shinko 244 and 241 tires plus the IRC GP1 and NR21. None of these look like good options, block type tread or Moped rated.
Pirelli has the MT75 front, no rear.
Just a case of searching, preferably matching front/rear tires or at least same manufacturer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Randy,
Did you have any luck with this as I'm in the same boat? I'm looking for something dual sport/aggresive looking street scrambler type tyre, but quite chunky looking.
Dave.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ve got the 200 on the back burner right now; I’m somewhat infatuated with the CM400T. We I head down that road again, I’ll make sure I post what I find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m running a Kenda Cruiser S/T 100/90-16 on the rear. It’s almost a half inch wider than stock. It fits great and handles much better.

I‘m running a Yuanxing 90/90-17 on the front. It was one of the only tires I could find in this size. It is also about a half inch wider than stock. I have zero complaints about it thus far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts