Honda Twins banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While I got on the Harley bandwagon several years back, I've not been able to shake my passion for the bikes of my younger years. When I started riding in the 80's, it was all about the Honda XLs, CL's, and CBs. My first new purchase was a VFR500 Interceptor in '85; god, I wish I'd hung onto that bike. All that to say, I acted on a whim and picked up a '80 CM200T a couple of weeks ago. My wife thought I was crazy driving 7 hours round trip to pick up a 38 year motorcycle that wasn't running. Well after 2 weeks of tinkering every night after work, I got it cleaned up and in a "good spot". Even though the temps were only in the 40s, I took it on it's madien voyage yesterday. Ran in out to the local Harley dealership for my state of Misssouri motor vehicle inspection. Not sure what direction I'm going to take it over the winter months. With it being so clean and complete, I'm leaning towards leaving/maintaining it's stock configuration.

IMG_0261.JPG

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice bike! I had an 85 Interceptor 750 I had to sell in 97 to get cash for my divorce back them and I still regret it everyday. It had only just 10k on it, all original and not a scratch. Makes me hate the ex even more! I think if I could my hands on one, I would buy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts